HILTON DRESS CODE
Students shall maintain personal attire and grooming standards that promote safety, health, and acceptable standards of conduct on school property. Clothing or wearing apparel which distracts from the educational process, or is derogatory in nature, will not be permitted.
- Students should maintain acceptable social grooming standards. Headgear (ex. caps, hoods, hats, wave caps) cannot be worn inside school facilities. Bandanas cannot be worn on school board property. Skin-tight/skin-hugging clothing shall not be worn. Students will not have bizarre/extreme hair color or cut while in school.
- Students will wear tennis shoes only with shoe laces tied or tennis shoes with Velcro fasteners only. Shoes with rubber soles such as “baby dolls”, deck shoes, crocs, vans, boots, etc. are not part of Hilton’s dress code standards.
- Students will wear pants that fit at the waist.
- Students may wear short or long sleeved shirts and blouses. These clothing items must cover the shoulder areas. Spaghetti straps or tank tops are not to be worn at any time or school event.
- Students’ shorts, skirts, skorts and dresses must be fingertip length. Shorts cannot be cut-offs.
- Students will tuck in their shirts. Shirts must be appropriate length in order to be tucked in. Jerseys, crop-tops, and shorter T-shirts (above the waistband) are not to be worn because they cannot stay tucked in easily. Clothing that depicts inappropriate language, pictures or symbols cannot be worn in the school setting.
- Appropriately sized vests, long sleeve cardigans sweaters, or banded sweatshirts may be worn. They must fit at or near the waist. Baggy, oversized clothing and large/heavy coats will not be worn in the classroom. These items should be stored in closets and not worn during the day.
- Additional information can be found in the NNPS Rights & Responsibility Handbook.
Hilton students will dress for success!